One of the Google’s email service Gmail is the most widely used email service globally. The over-a-billion user base also makes it hackers’ favorite. There are many factors for – How to recover Hacked Gmail Account
So in the case of any suspicious activity on the Gmail account, then chances are someone may have hacked into it. Here’s what needs to do to how recover hacked Gmail account as well as make it more secure.
How to recover Hacked Gmail Account :
- Go to the account recovery page
- If you can’t remember your password, click Try different question.
- Use your recovery email or phone number.
- Gmail will send a recovery code to prove your account ownership to phone number/email.
- Alternatively, you can also answer your security question, that would have selected at the time of setting up this account.
- Once you receive the recovery code, enter it in Gmail, Google will then ask you to change your password.
- Gmail will take you through the Security Check once you are signed. Make sure to check and change your security information.
Follow these tips to How to recover Hacked Gmail Account :
1.Immediately change the password of your Google Account, if you haven’t already.
2. Change password of apps and sites where you sign in with your Google Account email address as well as apps and sites for which you’ve saved passwords on your Chrome browser.
3. Follow the instructions in the Security Checkup. This is Google’s service that helps users make sure their Google accounts are safe by checking connected apps, devices, account permissions etc that may lead to compromising of your account.
4. Make sure your recovery phone number and email are correct, so you stay informed about suspicious account activity.
5. Change password of apps and sites where you use the same password you used for your Google Account.