Here’s how to use Gmail’s new Smart Compose With Artificial Intelligence (AI) becoming the standard of the day, we can see it being integrated into almost all aspects of technology. Each tech company is trying to offer a superior functionality to its users with the help of AI and at the forefront of this revolution is Google. What started as a search company has now diversified into various verticals, and with the speed with which Google is integrating AI in its existing as well as new products, it won’t be far-fetched to say that it might become the leading name in AI functionality.
Gmail is the e-mail client from Google and is right now the most popular e-mail program with millions of users spread across the globe. Google has been introducing new improvements and functionalities in Gmail to enhance the user experience. The latest function that Google has added in Gmail is “Smart Compose”. Smart Compose is an advanced version of suggestive text responses and offers you suggestions to complete the sentences while you are typing an e-mail. Now we learned how to use Gmail’s new Smart Compose feature.
How to use Gmail’s new Smart Compose –
If you have not yet activated the Smart Compose feature, then here is a step-by-step guide or how to use Gmail’s new Smart Compose to help you set up Gmail Smart Compose using your desktop/laptop:
- You must activate the new Gmail experience from your inbox. For this, open your Gmail and click on the settings button.
- Now you will see the new menu and from it select the option “Try the new Gmail”.
- You will see a welcome message on your screen saying “Welcome. Your favorite email has a fresh new look”.
- Now click on the “Gear” icon, to open the settings option and select “Settings” from it.
- Now under the “General” tab, select the option “Enable experimental access”. Now press save changes and your Gmail will refresh automatically.
- Now you again have to access the settings option, and under the general tab, you will see a new option “Smart Compose”. Enable the writing suggestions on option.
- Now Smart Compose functionality is enabled in your Gmail.
- To try it out, start composing a new email by clicking on the “Compose” option towards the top-left corner.
- Now start typing a message. You will see automatic suggestion as you are typing, if you want to accept the suggestion, press tab otherwise keep on typing.
- Right now, you might not see all the writing suggestions that you want, but Smart Compose is evolving and will be more accurate in future.
It is an excellent procedure for how to use Gmail’s new Smart Compose feature to start integration of AI in Gmail and we can hope to see further innovative products in the future.