Now Twitter has become a great platform for everybody to sharing things in 280 characters. Twitter give new thing “Now Secure your Twitter Account”.
Initially, the platform only allowed 140 characters, but later in 2017 it doubled the limit to 280 characters for all languages except Korean, Japanese and Chinese.
Now the company said that there has been no indication of breach or misuse by anyone, After the incident of accidental leak of passwords of millions of users. But the company asked to users for their account to change their passwords.
Now Secure your Twitter Account :
There are following methods –
1. Change your password regularly:
If you are using the webpage, then follow the steps below-
a. Go to twitter.com
b. Click your profile image in the upper right
c. Choose Settings and privacy and then when the next page loads, select Password in the list running down the left side.
d. Twitter will ask for your existing password and then ask you to enter the new one.
e. Use a strong, unique password.
Remember to never repeat passwords between multiple services, apps and online accounts.
If you are using the Twitter App then follow the steps below-
a. Open the app and tap on your profile photo at the upper left
b. Choose Settings and privacy.
c. Then choose Account, followed by Change password.
Again, ensure that your new password is used exclusively for your Twitter account and you change it regularly.
2. Two-Factor Authentication
Only change the password is not only a one option to securing your account. On the Other hand Apart from changing your password regularly, In addition to the password SMS verification is another way . When you try to log-in to your twitter account, you will receive a six-digit access code on your registered mobile number, which you must enter when asked, to be able to log-in to your account.
You can do so by following the steps below:
• Click your profile icon, then click Settings and privacy.
• Choose Account and then Set up login verification. On mobile, there’s an extra step here where you’ll have to tap on the Security section inside Settings and privacy.
• Read the overview instructions, then click Start.
• Enter your password and click Verify.
• Click Send code to add your phone number if that’s the verification method you want.
• Enter the verification code sent to your phone, hit Submit, and login verification will then be enabled.